What the new patch for Final Fantasy XIV brings
As planned, another patch 6.1 was released today for Final Fantasy XIV, which brought with it a lot of new content, changes and innovations. As the official patchbook is about 40+ pages long, in this article we'll break down what I think are the most interesting features of the patch.
The game returned a collaborative event associated with the Japanese television series Garo, on which several anime were also released. It brought with it "new" weapons, various armor and maunts, made in the theme of the TV series. Almost all of these can be obtained in 2 different ways.
The first way is to exchange the armor and weapons from the Disreputable Priest at Wolves' Den Pier (X:5.0 Y:5.3) for PvP currency - Wolf Marks.
- You will need between 1200 and 4000 currency to buy weapons, 2000 for helmet, 4000 for body, 2000 for gloves, 4000 for pants and 2000 for boots.
- Once you've purchased a full set of armor, you can obtain a special title from Disreputable Priest by selecting the menu item of the same name. It will be required to obtain 3 muunts.
- Using the title you need to win 30 Crystalline Conflict matches to get the Fame Fatale achievement, 10 Frontline or Rival Wings matches (not yet available) to get the Frontline Fury achievement and a total of 60 Crystalline Conflict or Frontline matches to get the Furious Fatalities achievement.
- After you get each achievement the Jonathas NPC at Old Gridania (X:10 Y:6) will allow you to pick up one of the Mounts.
Second way - you can buy armor and weapons for MGP coins from the Gold Saucer Attendant NPC in Gold Saucer (X:5.4 Y:6.6).
- To buy a weapon you need 100000, 20000 for a helmet, 100000 for a body, 25000 for gloves, 30000 for pants and 25000 for boots.
- However, MGP armor can't be painted and won't allow you to get the title from Disreputable Priest, which is purely for the sake of appearances.
- Alzadaal's Legacy Dungeon - Requires a level 90 character and a minimum equipment level of 565. Opens in the process of passing the storyline patch 6.1.
- Alliance Raid "Aglaia" - requires 90 level character and a minimum level of equipment 565. Opens after the quest "A Mission in Mor Dhona", we can take it from the NPC Fresh-faced Student in Old Sharlayan (X: 9.1, Y: 11.5). You must pass all the quests of the 6.1 patch storyline beforehand.
- Trials "The Minstrel's Ballad: Endsinger's Aria" - requires level 90 and a minimum level of equipment 580. Opens after talking with NPC Wandering Minstrel in the location of Old Sharlayan (X:12.7 Y:14.2).
- Ultima Trials "Ultima's Bane (Unreal)" - requires level 90 and a minimum level of equipment 565. Opens after the quest "Fantastic Mr. Faux", you can take it from the NPC Painfully Ishgardian Man in Idyllshire (X:7.0 Y:5.9), having previously completed the Endwalker add-on story quest chain and the quest "Keeping Up with the Aliapohs".
- PvP-mode "Crystalline Conflict" - opens after a conversation with NPC Gungi Zelungi in the location Wolves' Den Pier (region La Noscea). Previously, at level 30 you must pass a special quest of your chosen faction - "A Pup No Longer (Maelstrom \ Twin Adder \ Immortal Flames)".
- For now, there are 3 cards available in the mode, and they change according to a certain rotation. Each map has its own unique features, for example on the map Cloud Nine periodically begins a storm, creating whirlwinds.
- In New Game+ mode, we have added the Endwalker add-on quests: two story quests, several additional and Role quests (of each type).
- 10 story quests, available for characters of level 90. The first is taken from Tataru in the location The Rising Stones (X:6.0 Y:5.9).
- 4 side quests of the new Myths of the Realm chain, available to level 90 characters. The first is taken from Fresh-faced Student at Old Sharlayan (X:9.1 Y:11.5).
- 4 Role quests, available for level 90 characters. First taken at Shirabaht in location Radz-at-Han (X:7.7 Y:9.4).
- Previously, you need to complete the Endwalker storyline and pass previous Role quests for a certain role. You can see the full list in the wiki.
- Adventure Plate - customizable character information. When you open the special interface, a small card appears in front of you that displays your character's name, class, favorite title, faction rank, clan name, preferred activities, preferred play time, and character portrait. All of this can be customized in detail, and the character portrait is also used in some activities.
- Series Malmstones - a kind of free battle pass, honed for participation in various PvP activities, located in the PvP profile. Contains special currency (exchangeable for various rewards in Wolves' Den Pier), a set of unique armor, emotion, fashion points, and additional items for Adventure Plate.
- Dreamfitting - allows you to try on various items of clothing, weapons, and special costumes on your character. The range of things includes items from the donat store (even which are not on sale at the moment), clothing NPC, event clothing, and more. To access the system, we go to the nearest hotel, rent a room, go to the bed and select the same name item.
- Duty Support - allows the player to go through all the story dungeons additions "A Realm Reborn", "Shadowbringers", "Endwalker" together with the NPC. Get access to it by selecting the item of the same name from the Duty section of the main menu.
- Unending Codex - to put it simply, it's just a book with the lore and interesting facts. Opens in the process of passing the storyline patch 6.1 and is gradually filled.
Changes and innovations
- Players with the cheapest Entry subscription can now create up to 8 characters on one server. If I remember correctly, previously you could only create one.
- Huge list of ability changes for all classes.
- Collectible items (pets, music, emotions, etc.) in the description added a new item - "Unobtained \ Unregistered". It clearly shows if you received this item and if you added it to the collection. Pretty neat little change, especially for the auction.
- The following activities now allow you to resurrect a player if they die due to a fall - The Navel, Amdapor Keep, Neverreap, The Navel (Hard), The Navel (Extreme), The Whorleater (Extreme), Thok ast Thok (Hard), Thok ast Thok (Extreme), The Limitless Blue (Hard), The Limitless Blue (Extreme), Containment Bay S1TZ, Containment Bay S1TZ (Extreme).
- Have made some adjustments to the dungeons, below I will give an example, perhaps the most interesting.
- Thousand Maws - significantly changed the map, leaving the only way (before there were many branches) and adjusted the mechanics.
- Haukke Manor - after the battle with the bosses manor steward, manor jester appears object, allowing to return to the entrance to the dungeon. Thus, players no longer need to use a special ability.
- Cape Westwind - stopped being a trial and turned into just a special story mission with an instanced area, it can be completed alone.
- Castrum Meridianum - the number of group members was reduced from 8 to 4 and adjusted the dungeon itself accordingly.
- The Praetorium - the number of group members was reduced from 8 to 4, respectively adjusted the dungeon and finally added the ability to skip some cut-scenes. Also from the dungeon stages with the bosses "The Ultima Weapon" and "Lahabrea" were removed, the first was turned into a separate trial "The Porta Decumana", and the second - into a single special instance.
- Sohr Khai - the final boss had the platform destruction mechanic removed.
- Raid "Pandæmonium: Asphodelos" - removed the weekly reward limit (with the exception of the item Unsung Blades of Asphodelos), to acquire Discal Tomestone now need 4 Unsung Blades of Asphodelos instead of 7.
Changes in PvP
- Maximum HP and MP for all classes.
- Outgoing and incoming damage modifiers for each class, they will no longer depend on the randomness factor.
- Resistance effects will not be applied immediately after negative effects expire.
- Appearance of damage figures now changes depending on target's state.
- Completely redesigned PvP abilities of classes. For example, RDM now has a light \dark aura, depending on the color it changes some abilities.
- Ability "Adrenaline Rush" renamed in "Limit Break" and each class it is more or less its own.
- Removed the interface mechanics classes and added the interface strip "Limit Break".
- New basic abilities were added to all classes:
- Standard-issue Elixir - after a long 5-second cast, the character fully restores HP and MP.
- Recuperate - instant hit restoring 15000 HP, you can spam with it, but you will run out of mana very fast, because 1 cast consumes 2500 MP.
- Purify - removes negative status effects. Its duration is 30 seconds, and after successfully removing them the character is immune to them for 5 seconds.
- Guard - for 5 seconds reduces incoming damage by 30% and gives immunity to all status effects. However, while the ability is active the movement speed is reduced by 50%.
- From the Crystal Quartermaster in Wolves' Den Pier (X:4.5 Y:6.0) for special currency from the Malmstones Series you can buy a set of Virtu armor - the price of each part is 1500, Tropaios weapons - prices range from 1000 to 3000, costume jewelry - price of each 500. From him for 1000 you can buy a pet "Protonaught" (a small robot with handles) and armor for chocobos "Wolf Barding".
- The new "Pod 602" is a flying white robot from Nier:Automata. You can buy it for 300000 MGP at The Gold Saucer from the Prize Claim. Select Prize Exchange 3 and look for the "Pod 602 Identification key" item. It appears in the list only after you've completed the quest "Brave New World" related to the chain "YoRHa: Dark Apocalypse" (for 3 thematic raids). After the summoning of the maunts, a unique thematic accompaniment begins to play in the background.
- At the NPC above in sections 3 and 4 for 200000 MGPS you can still buy 2 new emotions - Draw Weapon, Sheathe Weapon. As the name suggests, the character simply pulls out and removes the weapon, but it does it more "beautifully", slowly, than a similar command through a hotkey.
- The new "Troll" mounter is a huge, hairy troll, modeled similar to the mounter "Laurel Goobblue" if you put wool on it. You can get it by exchanging 600 faux leaves on the item "Troll Horn" from the NPC Faux Commander (located in the location Idyllshire).
- New Vinegaroon - a two-legged reptiloid creature. You can get it for 3200 Sacks of Nuts (hunting currency) from NPC J'lakshai in Old Sharlayan (11.8,13.2). To unlock the NPC must first complete the quest "The Hunt for Specimens", it opens after the completion of the story addition Endwalker.
- From the new trial "The Minstrel's Ballad: Endsinger's Aria" randomly may fall out the mound "Bluefeather Lynx". Presumably he's in the last picture in the album below.
- New pet "Teacup Kapikulu" - can be dropped from Alzadaal's Legacy dungeon.
- New pet "Wind-up Azeyma" - may drop out of the Aglaia alliance raid.