World of Warcraft: Shadowlands – Current Information about the Expansion Pack
The World of Warcraft: Shadowlands expansion pack was introduced by Blizzard at the Blizzcon 2019 event. It was supposed to send players to the world of Ethereals, but perhaps this will happen later. Initially, users are to explore the realm of death and get acquainted with the existing orders established by various covenants (fractions). Forming an alliance with a particular faction will set a unique tone for the plot of World of Warcraft: Shadowlands.
The beginning of the story is common for everyone: the former leader of the Horde, Sylvanas Windrunner, destroyed the barrier between the world of the living and the dead. She managed to do this by breaking the crown of the Lich King Bolvar. Now, players are expected to deal with the issue and prevent the consequences of cosmic imbalance.
The problem is, each soul used to be sent to a separate covenant kingdom, where it was rewarded according to its deserts. But now all souls are swallowed by the Maw, while formerly only the most terrible inhabitants of Azeroth suffered there.
Shadowlands Locations and Dungeons
There will be new locations in the game. Overall, planned are four of them, in accordance with the number of covenants:
- Bastion – with Cyrians who take into protection every soul in the Darklands.
- Ardenwald – protectors of nature spirits, mysterious night people.
- Revendreth – populated by cunning Venthyr feeding on proud and arrogant people.
- Maldraxxus – its main inhabitants are Necrolords raising undead armies in order to protect the Darklands.
Traveling across these new territories, players can meet Uther the Lightbringer, Kael'thas and other bright dead characters.
The developers will add a new dungeon – Tower of the Damned located in the Maw. Its corridors will be constantly changing a-la roguelike. Players are to pass various trials, defeat the lord of Torghast’s minions, the Jailer of the Tower, and free the souls of heroes unjustly imprisoned there.
If you reach level 120 in the Battle for Azeroth, the next expansion pack lowers it up to 50 with a cap of 60.
Bolvar Fordragon did not die and decided to help the heroes by resurrecting representatives of all the allied races. Therefore, they, as well as pandaren, will be able to choose the death knight class and start a new journey from Acherus.
New customization settings for all the races will be added.
Shadowlands Release and Pre-Order
The expansion pack will be released next year. It can be pre-ordered now. There are three editions available in total:
- Base – $39.99 (reduced price compared to the previous ones).
- Heroic – $59.99 – includes a level 120 boost with the Ensorcelled Everwyrm mount. It will also provide a new questline with a reward in the form of the Vestments of the Eternal Traveler transmogrification set.
- Epic – $79.99 – includes all the Heroic Edition content, as well as the Anima Wyrmling pet, the Wraithchill cosmetic weapon effect, the Eternal Traveler’s Hearthstone visual effect and 30 days of game time.
Shadowlands Expansion Pack Screenshots
Bastion Concept Art
Revendreth Concept Art